Saturday 17 September 2011

The First Post

It has never crossed my mind that I would ever write a blog one day. Always had this impression that blogging is one of those hip things most post-90'ers do in their free time. Maybe I'm too old for this, all my peers are busy making big money, making babies, making end's meet and here I am making records of memories... Most of them if not all would probably think reading/writing blogs a waste of time and I admit I used to have similar thoughts, EXCEPT for financial/investment blogs. Yup, it all still comes back to $$, everything does I guess..

Hardly a very articulated person like many bloggers, my proficiency in the English language is at best average, incapable of chunking out flowery paragraphs at ease. This post is probably going to take me an hour or more to put into words. Setting up a blog is as easy as reading one but to make it look impressive is a job hundred times more difficult and for this, I spent more than a month in my free time working on it to make it at least decent enough. Picked up a new skill even before I start posting. Nice start...

Why do it then? There was one day I stumbled upon my secondary school diary and reading the entries brought back plenty of memories good or bad, that I would never remember if I had never wrote them down. 20, 30 years later in my retirement, I want to read about all my past  travel adventure with my wife, DD, and these certainly would bring a priceless smile to my face. It is also an opportunity for me to brush up my rusty English writing skills. I knew I had to start somewhere. This 105 days adventure trip had served as the catalyst.

As in the blog title, I will write about the daily stories of this 105 days adventure as well as future ones. These postings will all be backdated to the trip for tidy archiving once newer postings are published on the front page. For days with more 'happenings', they will be broken up into multiple entries; Day 65.1, Day 65.2 etc, and may be not necessary be posted in a chronological order. Obviously not everyday of the trip is going to have heart pumping moments to write about, so stay awake for boring days to link up the major 'dots'. 


With regards to the landscape portion in the title, I will be writing about my thoughts in landscape photography occasionally, probably using examples from my galleries. My posts about landscape photography will usually pivot around the composition, lighting and subject aspects since there are already plenty of blogs/websites writing articles on camera gears, technical know-hows, post processing methods.

Hopefully the photos in this blog can make up for my inept writing skills and if by some miracles you actually enjoyed them, please do feel free to share it. While I wasn't expecting many to follow this blog, I'll still like to extend my apology to the few readers in advance if the posts are coming in too slow and infrequent as workload can get heavy at times. Welcome aboard.

Starting this blog is akin to our first drive in Iceland. The road ahead is long, uncertain and full of obstacles, the sky will not always be clear. Will I be able to stay the road till the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment